I love playing Tag. Love it. So when I got Blog-tagged by Matt Watson over at Wanton Creation, was I going to let a silly thing like big scary exams get in the way? HA.
What is Blog Tag, you ask? Tsk tsk.
1. I must post the rules.
2. I must answer the questions the tagger listed for me (since I got tagged more than once, this isn’t going to be a nice pointy eleven).
3. I must create (or reuse) 11 questions for those I tag.
4. I must tag 11 people.
5. I must let them know they’ve been tagged.
1. What is your favourite recipe (as in, what food does it make – you don’t have to provide the ingredients and method (unless you really want to))?
Blueberry muffins. I can never have too many or have them too often. I could live on these things and still love them.
2. What is your favourite thing to spend money on?
Books. And..things that smell nice. I’m not talking scented candles and the like, just everyday things that smell nice. If I happen to be at a craft store, and they’ve got little keychains carved out of wood, I’ll pick them up. I love the smell of wood. Same with pizza. I love the smell of pizza more than I actually like eating it. If I pass by a cafe, and I can smell freshly brewed coffee, or bread! I love bread! ..I’ll walk straight in.
Oh, and. Crayons.
3. What time of day do you read/write the most?
The reading? Really, really, really late at night. And lazy afternoons. The writing bit depends on what I’m writing about, and the weather. And the presence or lack of my comfy, warm quilt.
4. Do you prefer summer or winter, and why?
Comfy warm quilt! Winter. :)
5. What is your favourite holiday destination?
Erm. I don’t really have one. I prefer spending holidays at home, doing things I didn’t have time for throughout the year.
6. What is the best book/film/album you’ve read/watched/heard this year so far?
Book? Easily Neil Gaiman’s Sandman. Album would have to be Colour Haze’s Tempel. And film? I expected Dark Knight Rises to be the film of the year for me, but I was very, very disappointed. I still have my Fifty-Fifty challenge to complete, though, so I hope my answers will change. For now, a tie between The Avengers (I couldn’t help it, it had me grinning from start to finish), The Beaver and Invictus. Wow, that’s a strange list.
7. If you could be anybody for just a day, who would it be and why?
Mozart. I need to know how that mind worked, damn it.
8. If you could have one superpower, what would it be and why?
I’m going to cheat on this one. You know what Wanda from the X-Men/Avengers can do? Granted, it’s kind of more than one power, but hers was always the one I wished I had.
9. What’s your favourite Olympic event (oooh topical)?
Gymnastics. Table Tennis. Handball!
10. What were your best and worst subjects at school?
English and Computer Science. I was TERRIBLE at Geography and Chemistry.
11. What’s one thing you want to learn before you die (e.g. a musical instrument, a language, how to perform brain surgery, e.t.c.)?
How to brew beer. Or make wine. Either. Both. Both!
Literary Tiger’s questions (the ones she changed):
1. What do you want to be when you grow up?
Sadly, I’m close to having to make a decision, but I’m not entirely sure yet. I want to write for children. I want to teach. But I also want to stick with Computer Science. I’m trying to find a way of marrying them all off together.
2. When you’ve had a hard or a bad day, what makes you feel better?
My little puppy.
3. If you could own any kind of creature (mythical or not) what would it be?
A dragon. This was hard, but after twenty minutes of debating, a dragon it is. You can’t own a dragon, though (take notes, Paolini). It’d be more basking in its awesomeness, something I’m not really complaining about.
TAG! Now, you’re it!
I really want to hear Matt’s, Heather’s and Literary Tiger’s answers to the questions (I’ve gone and changed them all), but I know it’s unreasonable to ask them to write out another post. I’m tagging them anyway. (Maybe in the comments?)
So that makes 11. On to the questions! (Most of them are book-related. Bear with me.)
1. If you had the power to ban a certain book, or certain kinds of books, however productive the outcome may be (think Twilight or Oliver’s Story), even if you knew a huge majority of readers might thank you for it, would you?
2. What is one book you wish you had written?
3. You have finally achieved world domination and as new king/queen of the world, you need to fashion yourself a crown. But of course, you’re too cool for precious metals and the like. What would your crown be/be made of?
4. Have you ever wondered how a doggie biscuit tastes and wanted to try?
5. Is there a book that you weren’t able to complete for whatever reason, but lied about it and told people you did? Which one?
6. Your choice of instant pick-me-up food?
7. If there was an appendage you could add to the human anatomy (wings, talons, a tail…), what would it be?
8. If you could go back in time and stop a famous event from taking place, what would it be and why?
9,10,11. All the book characters you’ve ever loved are people in your immediate friend circle. Who would you turn to:
a) to make a bucket list with you and go all over the world fulfilling each item on the list?
b) to plonk down next to you on that patch of moon land you guys bought, feel awesome, and somehow keep each other from dying of boredom until the next space shuttle comes to pick you up?
c) when the world thinks you’re responsible for the attack on the entire human race by some random scary evil alien monsters and you are the only one who knows what they want but nobody will listen to you and you need somebody to help you save the world? (Sorry. This is a question that plagues me at night.)
Can’t wait to hear your answers!