A Tub Full Of Gratitude
Bring out the jugglers and champagne bottles, it’s award time! Time for me to tell you (yes, you) how much it means to me that you’re reading this. When I started this blog a few months ago, I was pretty sure I was going to have to take it down after a month or so. I started it to record my progress in the Fifty Fifty challenge and now, I’m doing so much more. All because of the little orange light on my blogging tool bar. It started with one. A few days later, there were two. A few days after that, there were replies to comments I had posted on other blogs! Conversations! I was having serious conversations with wonderful people about books, and music, and movies! And they were throwing recommendations at me, really good ones at that! I love recommendations!
So this post is dedicated to you. For reading what I write. And for writing what I read. I check my mail about five times every day, waiting for a new post to pop up. Some of you make me think, some of you crack me up, and every single one of you contribute to the continuously growing pile of books I want to read, and movies I want to watch. And for me, that’s the best thing you could possibly do.
And now, to show you how much I love your blog and the conversations we have, I’m going to give you an award (because, let’s face it, everybody loves these). But first, I have to thank Kovid Rathee, for nominating me for the Versatile Blogger Award!
Like most other blog awards, there are certain things you have to do – link back to the person who nominated you, include the picture (it’s green!), tell your readers seven random things about you, and nominate other bloggers that you think deserve the award. And let them know about it.
Seven things about me? Um..
- I’ve always, always wanted to go up an escalator that was going down. I saw it on a cartoon once, and I’ve been itching to try, but there’s always some mall authority watching. Phooey.
- I’ve never read any of the Godfather books. Or watched any of the movies. I know, I know. But maybe if you yell at me for it, I’ll finally read+watch them. (Please? Somebody?)
- I only read newspapers for the comics.
- The scariest moment of my entire life? I woke up to my five month old puppy whining one morning, and when I looked at him, his face was the size of a small pumpkin. He had been stung by a bee, his eyes were red, and he was crying.
- I’m studying Science right now, but what I really want to be doing is English. I’m a little scared to, though. Okay, more than a little.
- I collect bills. When I go out with friends or with my parents, and it’s been a nice day, I take the bill/ticket/pass and write the date behind it and a few things to remember the day by. When I get home, it goes into the memory box. Oh, I also collect key-chains. I’m trying to get one from every state in the country. And then move on to other countries.
- I’m dying to get my hands on the new Storm Corrosion album. Simply dying.
Now for the fun part. Nominations!
- Enchanted By Books – In addition to putting up book reviews, Danielle takes part in a whole host of memes. I don’t know how she does it, but I love how she writes. And every time she writes a Top Ten Tuesday post, my to-read list increases by seven. At least. She’s already been nominated, but I don’t care. Her blog is awesome.
- Wanton Creation – Matt Watson’s got more awards than he can handle, I think, but he deserves another one. If there’s one blogger I know who is versatile, it’s this guy.
- Journeys In Classical Film – The list of things she has planned for the summer leaves me speechless. Just looking at it makes me tired. But you should definitely check her blog out and participate! Also, no matter how much she’s got on her plate, she always manages to put up a post everyday. Every single day.
- The Tiger’s Eye – Another blogger I’d attribute the versatile tag to. Goes without saying, I love her blog. Especially since she splatters it with generous helpings of unicorns and dragons.
- The Url Thingie – Even her url cracks me up. Ever since I discovered her blog, I’ve been hitting the “random post” button on my toolbar and laughing my head off. She writes about anything she can think of, and I love reading it. I try not to comment on every post (so that I don’t freak her out and appear like I’m stalking her – which I am), but you really should visit her blog. Hilarious.
- On Windy Days – Another blogger who posts about..everything, really. And cracks me up, more often than not. When he doesn’t, he makes me think. Healthy balance, that.
So there you have it. Those are my choices, I’d love to see yours! Let the blog
stalking discovering begin!
P.S. I’ve put a little widget in my side-bar dedicated to shout outs. I find that a lot of bloggers are doing a lot of amazing things and I’m always a little late to sign up/participate. So, I thought I’d fix that for those of you who read my blog from time to time. If you see anything on there that you might be interested in, I’ve linked them to the concerned blog, making it easy for you to check out. Also, if you’re hosting a blog event and want a shout out, let me know and I’ll put it up!